To continue to take our customer experience to the next level, we are looking to strengthen our tech team with a new team member, who wants to make a difference for our environment and make refurbished electronics mainstream. The Supply product team at Swappie is now looking for a
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
to join us in making a significant positive impact on our environment.
As Senior Software Engineer working in the Supply team, you will work on mission-critical initiatives contributing to Swappie’s path to profitability. The purpose of the Supply product team is to develop cheap, defensible sources of supply, as well as make the supply process as smooth as possible for our suppliers, individual consumers, and Swappie employees. As Senior Software Engineer you will elevate the Supply team's performance by offering seasoned technical guidance, fostering collaboration, and setting higher engineering standards. Your expertise and mentorship will contribute to better code quality and increased team morale, resulting in growth in especially consumer supply. As for our tech stack, we work with Python, Django, Typescript, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU GET A CHANCE TO
- Raise the bar of technical excellence within the team, and coach and provide technical mentorship to existing team members
- Tackle some of the most important technical and business challenges within the Supply product area
- Have responsibilities spanning from designing features through programming to deployment, testing and maintenance of the systems
- Continuously deliver features through collaboration, code reviews, and coaching
- Contribute in building strong engineering culture and bringing scalable ways of working
- Challenge yourself in a unique way by figuring out how our future success is supported on an architectural level while simultaneously building prototypes and finished features
- Write good quality, clean, and maintainable code
WE WOULD BE EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU
- Have a thorough understanding of one modern tech stack and familiarity with technologies used at Swappie, fluency in Typescript and React, Node.js and/or Python
- Understand the entire web programming stack and lifecycle from design to production at some level, but your core skills and interests may be more on the frontend or backend
- Are eager to work in a full stack role - focus of your work might change depending on the team’s focus area and quarterly prioritizations
- Have proven track record of creating customer value through software development - you care about impact on our customers and business, not just the tech
- Have experience with fast-moving projects and initiatives, remaining flexible while also delivering features and updates to deployment with ease
- Love building user-friendly products while making decisions based on data and business intelligence
- Are experienced with some version control (we use GitHub)
- Are fluent in English, Swappie’s working language
- Are eager to contribute to Swappie’s mission of making refurbished mainstream
- Have demonstrated communication and cooperation skills and commitment to agreed business results
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and collaborating with non-technical stakeholders
- Are able to prioritize your daily workload
- Previous experience in the e-commerce world is a definite plus
YOU WOULD BE A GREAT TEAM MEMBER AT SWAPPIE IF YOU
- Have a can-do attitude combined with endless optimism and impact-orientation
- Are result-oriented and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Are proactive with growth mindset
- Take ownership and share knowledge
- Have passion for the developing not only your own work, but also the teams and organization around you
- Foster inclusion and psychological safety in your team and across the organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to take a key technical role in the Supply product organization of a purpose-driven tech scale-up
- Flexible working hours and remote working possibility
- Autonomous role within a highly supportive & low-hierarchy team - weeklies and dailies with the team and weekly/bi-weekly 1:1s with your Team Lead. Friday demos to celebrate the week’s achievements 🥳
- Competitive salary & great options package
- HQ office in Ruoholahti, Helsinki with good commuting possibilities
- Opportunity to choose the devices that help you to do your job in the best way possible
- A chance to make an impact on creating a more sustainable future by making refurbished mainstream
- Learning, development, and career growth opportunities
CHATS DURING THE HIRING PROCESS
Meet the recruiter: Let’s start exploring together if this role and Swappie as an employer could be a match for you!
Meet the leader of the product area: Get to know the product area, hear how we work and tell us more about you and your past experience!
Technical round: Pair coding and architecture discussions to showcase your skills and learn more about your potential new colleagues!
If you are interested in joining our tech team please send over your CV and tell us why you would be great at this role! Please also send over your details even if you don't tick all the boxes ☝️, happy to have a chat and let's figure out together if this role would be a match! We start having chats already during the application period and aim to fill this role as soon as possible. We are looking to hire someone to be based in Helsinki, Finland or Tallinn, Estonia.