Swappie was founded in Finland in 2016 and since then we've established a stable and growing presence across Europe. To strengthen our Supply function we are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Device Trading team.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for driving profitable business growth with our international suppliers: you will unlock mutual growth opportunities with existing suppliers and find new high potential supply sources for used devices for us to refurbish. You will run the actual trading of devices with our partners and ensure smooth collaboration throughout all stages of the sales cycle.
In this role you will report to our Director, Device Trading, and you are supported by our international Device Trading team, which spans from Amsterdam and Helsinki to Tokyo and Hong Kong.
We would be excited if you could join our team in one of our offices in Helsinki, Amsterdam, or Tallinn, but you can also work remotely in Europe.
IN THIS ROLE YOU GET A CHANCE TO
- Own and develop relationships with selected existing device trading partners with end-to-end responsibility for all transactions with them
- Develop winning strategies to unlock profitable volume opportunities for Swappie
- You will develop your supplier portfolio on key metrics such as profitability, volume, quality, and service levels
- Further develop Swappie’s value proposition towards our trading partners
- Develop Swappie’s device trading and account management practices
- Own and drive a smooth process for payments, credits, deliveries, and return handling - with the support of our operations team
WE WOULD BE EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU MEET MOST OF THESE
- 4+ years of experience in business development, sales, account management, purchasing, or sourcing in short-cycle B2B contexts, e.g. in refurbished electronics, IT equipment, fast-moving consumer goods, or telecommunications industries
- Previous experience in managing multi million euro deals on a monthly basis
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability and eagerness to create and maintain long-term business relationships
- Great communication and people skills; business maturity to communicate and collaborate with C-level executives
- Experience in negotiating and signing terms and conditions related to payments, logistics timelines, and return handling (RMA)
- Relevant industry experience in refurbished electronics and/or start up experience is highly appreciated
- Eligibility to work in Europe
- Experience in and preference to work in a highly international environment, fluency in written and spoken English
YOU WOULD BE A GREAT TEAM MEMBER AT SWAPPIE IF YOU
Have a can-do attitude combined with endless optimism and impact-orientation
- Are creative and result-oriented with ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Are flexible and able to work both independently and with a team
- Are proactive with growth mindset
- Enjoy negotiations and get a kick out of closing deals
WHAT WE OFFER
A chance to further build and develop Swappie's supply operations internationally
- A unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing scale-ups in Europe
- A highly international work environment and team
- Flexible working hours and remote working options
- Supportive & low-hierarchy team
- Meet the recruiter: Let’s start exploring together if this role and Swappie as an employer could be a match for you!
- Meet the hiring manager: Let’s get to know each other further!
- Case study as a home assignment
- Case study presentation: Showcase your skills and convince us why you would rock this role! 😎
- Opportunity to (virtually) meet couple of your future team members before the final decision
If you're interested in this role and joining Swappie please send over your details latest on Sunday February 12th, thanks!